Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Parade of States Ornaments....

I learned that a local artist was asked to paint an ornament to represent California's 21st Congressional District that now hangs on a tree in the White House. Her name is Varian Mace and she is awesome. She specializes in painting flowers, especially poppies. I went to the White House Christmas website and found her ornament as well as others that are great!



Here are some of my favorites... Click on an image to see it in greater detail.





4 comments:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

So interesting! I am going to that site to look at all the ornaments. I hope you have a nice Holiday Season!

Cottage Rose said...

How exciting it must be to have a ornament that was picked to hang in the White House. I would just drop to the floor and not get up. ha haha I will have to go and check out the web site. Tomorrow on HGTV at nine they are doing the tour of decorating for Christmas, I love to watch every year.

Have a great week.
Hugs;
Alaura

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Mo. Stopped by and read last 2 posts. I love the silver and white in the bedroom. I like doing themes. Your tree is beautiful, especially the ribbon which I have yet to master!! Merry Christmas!

Vylat said...

What a great idea for Christmas ornaments. Also liked your little birdie house and am sure the birds will like it too.