Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feelin' Thrifty.....



On Sunday my husband and I decided to checkout the new thrift store in Visalia. It's called Rescued Treasures. Proceeds go to the Visalia Rescue Mission which has been reaching out to the local homeless population since 1981.
I was amazed at all the great stuff they had! I picked up a small battery operated cottage clock, a Anne Hathaway Cottage toffee tin and a lovely silver tray, which still needs a second round of polish, but I am in love with it's shape. All this, a shirt and a great pair of designer jeans for under $20. I love thrifting.... (sigh)
I'm hoping to go back again sometime this week. I saw some large glass decanters that would go great on the bathroom shelf.

1 comment:

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Mo,
I love all your new treasures...I also love trifting...I'm going to Tahoe next week to visit friends and I will be doing a bit of thrifting with my girlfriend. I might even come home with a treasure or two. So glad you had a good time.
Hugs,
Mo :-)